The International Strategy Institute Asia (ISI) aims to be the "super connector" linking businesses across Asia, and the leader in promoting ideas and strategic thinking on Asian investments, innovations and inclusive development.
SSP's Dr Michael Yeoh is president of ISI.
The institute's mission is to improve the lives of people through sustainable development.
Key strategic thrusts
• To promote Asia in the global market.
• To promote investments into Asia, particularly into Asean and Malaysia.
• To promote sustainable development in Asia.
• To promote dialogue between government and international business.
• To promote social enterprises and young Asian entrepreneurs.
SSP's Guna Mahalingam appointed to ISI Advisory Board
The ISI has an International Advisory Board comprising the following figures:
• The Hon Tun Abdullah Ahmad Badawi, 5th Prime Minister of Malaysia and Adviser of Petronas.
• H.E. Shaukat Aziz, former Prime Minister of Pakistan and Managing Director of Citibank New York.
• Dr. Yan Liqin, Chairman, Silk Road International Foundation, China.
• Dr. Wang Huiyao, Counsellor to the State Council, China & President, Centre for China & Globalisation.
• Mr. Steve Howard, Secretary General, Global Foundation, Australia.
• Dato’ Dr Jannie Chan, Founder, The Hour Glass, Singapore & Chairman, Save Our Planet Investment.
• Dato’ Seri Azman Ujang, Chairman, National News Agency (BERNAMA).
• Mr. James Goh, Economic and Trade Adviser to President of Palau and CEO AL Holdings Pte Ltd.
• Mr. Guna R. Mahalingam, Chairman Strategic Swiss Partners.
• Mr. Ian Buchanan, Chairman Asean Development Pty Ltd/ Chairman Australia National Committee for Pacific Economic Cooperation (PECC).